www.americanradiohistory.com collections are accessible for purposes of education and research. Materials deposited into this Digital Archive may be removed or restricted at the request of the creator(s), contributor(s), or other individuals holding rights to the material. Upon request, we will remove material from public view while we address a rights issue.
www.americanradiohistory.com makes digital versions of collections and publications accessible in the following situations:
- They are in the public domain
- In the case of periodicals, the journal ceased publication and no apparent rights holder is accessible wherefore abandonment is assumed.
- www.americanradiohistory.com has permission to make them accessible
- We make them accessible for education and research purposes as a legal fair use, or
- There are no
known restrictions on use.
We have made the best effort to adhere to all known copyright and rights of privacy, publicity, or trademark of material, but due to the nature of archival collections we are not always able to identify this information. We are eager to hear from any rights owners, so that we may obtain accurate information.
Removal or Restriction of Items
Requests for removal should be directed to the administrator and should include the name and URL of the item or items to be removed, the reason for removal, and explanation of any claims to rights for the material. We will review the request for just cause. Upon determination of just cause, the item or items in question will be removed from public view until the request is resolved.
The final outcome of the review of a request to remove items from the W&M Digital Archive or W&M Publish may be one of the following:
- The item is not changed and is returned to public view.
- The item is not changed, but access is restricted for a period of time.
- The item is permanently removed.
- Or another outcome.